Dennis Shiao (@dshiao), the author of this blog.
About the Blog
When I launched this blog in 2008, it covered “Virtual Events, Virtual Worlds, Virtual Tradeshows, Virtual Meetings and more” – hence the name I gave it, “It’s All Virtual.”
Fast forward several years later – and while I still cover virtual events (I now call them “online events,” actually), the subject matter on this blog has expanded to cover everything from social media to product marketing to, well, just about anything. So make yourself comfortable and stay for a while – I hope you enjoy it.
Posts by Category
Feel free to browse prior posts by category:
- The most common topic, historically: posts on virtual events.
- I’ve been writing more frequently of late on: product marketing.
- I love to spend time on – and write about: Twitter.
I’m Director of Product Marketing at DNN. We provide a content marketing suite for marketers. Learn more about our products on our website. The thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are my own.
Virtual Event Consultation
I provide high-level (and free) consultation on virtual events via email. If I’m able to assist you, my only request is that I have the option of re-publishing your question (and the associated advice) here in this blog. Contact me via email with your virtual events question and I’ll provide you with my thoughts and advice.
Virtual Events Book
Note: This image contains an Amazon affiliate link.
I’ve written a book, “Generate Sales Leads With Virtual Events.” My goal with the book is to help marketers leverage virtual events to achieve “accelerated lead generation”, where you generate leads and engage with them (in real-time) simultaneously.
I’ve had the privilege of submitting guest posts to related blogs in the industry. Here’s an assortment of them:
- Event Manager Blog: How to Integrate Social Media Channels into Your Virtual Event
- eVenues Blog: How to Incorporate Design Thinking Into Meetings and Events
- bXb Online Blog: The Last Four Years and The Next Four Years in Virtual and Hybrid Events
- Sound ‘n Sight Blog: 5 Ways Event Planners Are Like Online Marketers
- 12Most.com: 12 Most Compelling Reasons Online Marketers Should Start a Blog
- 12Most.com: 12 Most Compelling Reasons to Consider Hybrid Events
- Funnelholic Madlibds: Craig Rosenberg asked online marketing questions and I provided a few answers.
I’ve had articles published by industry publications. Here are a few:
- CMS Wire: The World Has Gone Social: Make Sure Your Web CMS and Website Are Not Left Behind
- Website Magazine: Strategic Integration – Enterprise Ready
- DemandGen Report: Why Community Engagement is The New Lead Scoring
I’ve also had the privilege of being interviewed on assorted topics: