I started this blog in late 2008 to write solely about virtual events. For the first two years, the posts I published were true to the blog’s name. Lately, though, the name has become a bit of a misnomer, as I’ve branched into a wide assortment of topics, from product marketing to social media to #GivingTuesday.
2012 In Review
WordPress generates an excellent annual report of blog activity. Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 30,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 7 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
Top 5 Posts in 2012
Here are my top 5 posts in 2012. These didn’t necessarily receive the most page views, but are the posts I enjoyed writing the most. They’re listed in order of enjoyment:
- How The Westin Calgary (@WestinCalgary) Teamed Up with The Chef Table to Feed The Hungry
- How I Attended My 25th High School Reunion on Facebook
- What the San Francisco Food Bank (@SFFoodBank) Taught Me about Volunteerism
- How Social Media Can Create Lifelong Friends (That You Never Meet)
- So Just What Is Product Marketing?
Happy 2013. Thanks for visiting in 2012. Hope you return for more this year!
Here’s to another fantastic year of blogging, Dennis!
Thanks, Deborah! Happy New Year.