Successful virtual events start with the ability to generate registrations and attendees that meet or exceed your targets. I presented a webinar at AMA’s Virtual Forum on “Achieving Success with Online Events.”
My webinar was titled “How to Generate Registrations and Attendees to Your Virtual Event.” My presentation was divided into two parts: I first covered how to generate virtual event registrations and followed that with how to convert registrants into attendees.
Top 10 Tips for Generating Virtual Event Registrations
To generate virtual event registrations, I provided the following 10 tips:
- Leverage speakers
- Leverage exhibitors
- “Less is more” on your registration form
- Use social sharing buttons
- Promote via syndication
- Start early
- Create a LinkedIn Event
- Promote on Twitter
- Promote on Facebook
- Promote via content marketing
Top 5 Tips for Converting Registrants into Attendees
To convert registrants into attendees, I provided 5 tips:
- Spruce up the confirmation page
- More content marketing
- Game mechanics
- Automated email messaging
- Facilitate pre-event networking
View My Slides
Feel free to view my slides (below). They’re also available for download, if you visit the presentation directly on SlideShare.net.
The AMA virtual forum is available on-demand and you can view all of the archived sessions. You can register for this free event on the AMA web site.
Leave me a comment below if you attended the session – or, if you have questions or comments on this topic. Thanks!
- Blog Post: Virtual Event Audience Generation via Content Marketing
- Blog Post: How to Leverage LinkedIn for Your Virtual Event
- Download: Free eBook on Social Media and Virtual Events