February 4, 2011
I put up a Virtual Events Calendar on this blog in 2009. Back then, it was fairly easy to know (and find) the majority of virtual events that were being produced in the U.S. But my, how the industry has grown! I kept the calendar fairly up to date in 2009 and 2010, but as we head further into 2011, I’m finding it harder to keep the calendar current.
So keeping with the trends we’re seeing across the web today, I decided to move the calendar to a wiki, which allows anyone to add their virtual event(s) to the calendar.
Sure, this can lead to spam and promotion, but as we saw with Wikipedia, a workable wiki requires an active community of “editors” to keep things on track. As such, I’ll be checking to make sure the calendar doesn’t get spammed – and I hope some of you join me to assist in “checks and balances”.
Without further ado, you can find the wiki style virtual events calendar at:
Click on the “Edit” tab, sign up for a PBworks account (if you don’t already have one) and make your edits!
May 12, 2009
Think up some hot technologies in Enterprise IT – desktop and application virtualization; data center; unified communications; SharePoint. Next, consider some key disciplines that gain prominence during a down economy – online demand generation and e-commerce. Then, think about the red hot area of sustainability and clean technology. Finally, consider what a leading technology vendor (Cisco) is producing for their partners and customers.
Put it all together and what do you get? A jam-packed month of virtual events in the month of June. You can sell the full slate of virtual events scheduled this year on the Virtual Events Calendar that I maintain on this blog. Here’s an excerpt from that page, which shows you all the excitement that June has to offer. Here’s the list of June virtual events in chronological order:
- Cisco Virtual Partner Summit: https://www.ciscopartnerspace.com/virtualpartnersummit/ (06/02/2009 through 06/30/2009)
- All About eCommerce Virtual Conference & Expo: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid=141444&sessionid=1&key=766F81E957D10012B67D1FC70900312D (06/04/2009)
- Desktop and Application Virtualization (SearchVirtualDesktop / TechTarget): http://events.techtarget.com/virtualdesktop/ (06/04/2009)
- Transforming the Enterprise with Unified Communications (VoiceCon): http://www.voicecon.com/virtualevents/ (06/10/2009)
- SharePoint Virtual Expo 2009 (Quest Software): http://events.unisfair.com/index.jsp?eid=395&seid=30 (06/10/2009)
- 2009 State of the Data Center: Storage (Ziff Davis Enterprise): http://presentations.inxpo.com/Shows/ZiffDavisEnterprise/VTS/06-17-09/Website/home.htm (06/17/2009)
- BtoB’s Leading Edge: Demand Generation in the Digital Age: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid=137553&sessionid=1&key=1E4584C2A969E4AEFAA97CB93E4BB4C8 (06/23/2009)
- Virtual Energy Forum: http://www.virtualenergyforum.com/ (06/24/2009 and 06/25/2009)
- Cisco Live Virtual: https://www.ciscolivevirtual.com/portal/login.ww (06/30/2009 and 07/01/2009)
Do you plan to attend or exhibit at a June virtual event that’s not listed here? If so, leave a comment below to let me know.