I started this blog in late 2008 to write solely about virtual events. For the first two years, the posts I published were true to the blog’s name. Lately, though, the name has become a bit of a misnomer, as I’ve branched into a wide assortment of topics, from product marketing to social media to #GivingTuesday.
2012 In Review
WordPress generates an excellent annual report of blog activity. Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 30,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 7 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
Top 5 Posts in 2012
Here are my top 5 posts in 2012. These didn’t necessarily receive the most page views, but are the posts I enjoyed writing the most. They’re listed in order of enjoyment:
- How The Westin Calgary (@WestinCalgary) Teamed Up with The Chef Table to Feed The Hungry
- How I Attended My 25th High School Reunion on Facebook
- What the San Francisco Food Bank (@SFFoodBank) Taught Me about Volunteerism
- How Social Media Can Create Lifelong Friends (That You Never Meet)
- So Just What Is Product Marketing?
Happy 2013. Thanks for visiting in 2012. Hope you return for more this year!