December 3, 2011
Recently, I joined an #engage365 Twitter chat and answered virtual events questions posed by host Jenise Fryatt (@JeniseFryatt). I’m posting the chat questions here and inviting you to provide answers.
- What do you see as the biggest obstacles to virtual events right now?
- Would you please define a “virtual event?”
- What are some of the ways that planners are funding their virtual events?
- With hybrid events on the rise, are you seeing more organizations offering free remote attendance, or charging?
- With more free remote attendance, it would seem more organizations are understanding the marketing value, agree?
- When people do charge for remote access, what types of events still get good remote attendance?
- How can organizations best prepare for the growth of virtual events in the future?
- Do you think a new position that combines IT knowledge with event knowledge will evolve to meet virtual event needs?
- Do you see websites of events transform into virtual events year round? Examples maybe?
- What part of a virtual events team should have a dedicated person? I see content and experience as labor intensive. You?
How to Participate
Use the Comments area to provide your answers. In addition, feel free to provide comments to the existing answers. Thanks!
6 Comments | Virtual Events | Tagged: Engage365, Jenise Fryatt, Twitter chat, Virtual Events, virtual events answers, virtual events questions | Permalink
Posted by Dennis Shiao
November 23, 2010
Got a question about virtual events, virtual trade shows, virtual career fairs, etc.? Post it to FOCUS.com and a network of FOCUS Experts is here to help.
Focus “provides millions of professionals with the expertise they need to make better business decisions. At the heart of Focus is a network of world class business and technology experts. These experts power the real time Q&A, world class research, and personalized support that so many businesses now depend on”.
Below is a sampling of the questions posted, along with their answers:
Virtual Trade Show Best Practices: Best Practices for Exhibiting at a Virtual Trade Show
Should virtual event teams reside on the IT or Business side?
Virtual trade show booths: What are best practices for creating virtual event booths?
What are your top three tips for planning a successful virtual event?
Virtual Trade Show success: What is the ideal number of exhibitors at an event?
What should your content strategy be for your virtual event booth?
Virtual Events: Best practices for determining the success of your virtual event?
Join the conversation! If you need some help with your virtual event strategy, planning or execution, post it on Focus. If you have thoughts and experiences to share, “come on down”. Hope to “see you” there.
- From the INXPO blog, “Interview with The Funnelholic: Virtual Events, FOCUS Expert Network and More“
- A webinar I did with FOCUS, “How Smart Marketers Succeed with Virtual Trade Shows“
Leave a Comment » | Virtual Events | Tagged: B-to-B, best practices, Focus, FOCUS Expert Network, Focus.com, Funnelholic, InXpo, Q&A, virtual career fairs, Virtual Events, virtual events questions, virtual events vendors, virtual job fair, virtual tradeshows | Permalink
Posted by Dennis Shiao