January 10, 2011
Virtual events can be a highly effective tool for generating sales leads (if done right!). I’ve assembled a few relevant and timely resources related to virtual event lead generation.
Lead Generation & Virtual Events @ Virtual Edge Summit
I gave a presentation at Virtual Edge Summit 2011 titled “Lead Gen and Nurturing with Virtual Events“. I was joined by Tom Donoghue (Enterprise Developer News) and Craig Rosenberg (FOCUS). In the session, we covered:
- How to generate leads (promotional tactics)
- How to engage with leads during the virtual event
- How to qualify and follow up with leads after the virtual event
I’ve included my portion of the presentation – which focused on 5 Tips for engaging with your audience at a virtual event.
Fork In The Road Blog on Virtual Event “Selling”
I spoke to Michelle Bruno (@michellebruno) about my 5-Step Plan for exhibiting at virtual events:
- Define your mission statement
- Assemble an all-star team
- Build and promote your presence
- Engage with prospects
- Qualify and follow up with prospects
Michelle provides a great summary of our conversation on her blog.
RainToday.com Podcast – Accelerated Lead Generation
I spoke to Michelle Davidson, Editor at RainToday.com, about lead generation and virtual events. I call it accelerated (online) lead generation, since you can generate leads, while engaging with them in real-time. You can listen to the recording – or download it – on the RainToday podcast page.
I’d love to hear about the gaps in the market – if you’re interested in generating leads with virtual events, what questions have not yet been answered for you?
Leave a Comment » | Virtual Events | Tagged: #demandgen, #leadgen, #VES11, Craig Rosenberg, demand generation, engaging virtually, Fork in the Road, lead generation, Michelle Bruno, Michelle Davidson, RainToday.com, resources, SlideShare, Tom Donoghue, Virtual Edge Summit, Virtual Events, virtual tradeshows | Permalink
Posted by Dennis Shiao
November 30, 2010
I was interviewed by Michelle Davidson, Editor at RAIN Group, on RainToday.com’s “Marketing & Selling Professional Services Podcast”. Michelle and I talked about lead generation via virtual events – a process I call “accelerated lead generation”.
RainToday.com “is the premier online source for insight, advice, and tools for growing professional services businesses. Marketers, rainmakers, and leaders in consulting, accounting, law, AEC, marketing, advertising and PR, training, financial, IT, and other professional services industries, turn to RainToday.com for research, tools, training programs, and recommendations to help them market and sell their services.”
Virtual Events Questions
The questions Michelle asked me:
- What is a typical virtual event?
- What’s the cost of a virtual trade show compared to a physical trade show?
- Do people worry about the lack of face-to-face interaction in a virtual event?
- What kind of success have B2B service professionals had with virtual events?
- You wrote on your blog that generating leads with virtual events is a process, not a discrete project – tell us about that?
- Is the use of virtual events growing?
- How does a company get started with virtual events?
- If people want to get more educated, do you have any resources to recommend?
You can find the podcast here:
Additionally, you can directly download the MP3 here:
Leave a Comment » | Virtual Events | Tagged: B-to-B, best practices, Cisco, face-to-face, face-to-face interaction, Generate Sales Leads With Virtual Events, Michelle Davidson, MP3, podcast, RAIN Group, RainToday, RainToday.com, Virtual Events, virtual tradeshows | Permalink
Posted by Dennis Shiao